Monday, 28 March 2011

You Are Beautiful --



If I had to write a novel right now at this age, I think I'd like to write about a character of any age who defines pure honesty, a real character who only know and speak the truth. A fearless character that is capable of shouting at any individual and give them a lecture that can change an individual's whole perspective of life and teach them that originality is definitely always better than a copy (one of the quotes stated on a poster in the school somewhere). It can be anyone who gets on the character's nerve by committing something unfaithful, whether it be in a relationship between lovers, or just any type of relationship, or just simply going against their morals and righteousness of a human being like-- lying, hustling, bullying, and the list can go on.

What I mean by that is, being a high school student, I am surrounded by many type of people whom attribute to many different types of characteristics and personalities. Through experiences being in a specific situations made me encounter countless numbers of phonies, liars, selfish and conceited individuals that range from age 5 to like adulthood. I know, like come on, by adulthood people should be mature enough to stop being so fake and grow up. Personally experiencing and seeing all these types of people just really gets on my nerve. But the thing is, even though most of the time I want to tell people off and just blow up on them... I just can't. If it isn't my business then I really shouldn't be minding their business. Oh ho, but if they are people I know, or people I know are involved, I would definitely go nuts. By nuts, I mean blow up on them and give them a 2 hour lecture why they should not be talking smack, or why their actions are wrong and whatnot. I know it might seem kind of odd, and old fashioned but honestly if I know that they're only doing that to 'look' cool infront of their 'friends' and peers, I wouldn't just leave it alone. Whenever I look back and think about those situations it always makes me wonder 'what if'. If I had the chance to write a novel, I want to describe all these scenarios that high school students may experience and have this strong character to speak my mind and say all the things I wanted to say to specific people, do all the things I wanted to do and just let it flow with all the possibilities. Because the novel would just be all of my imaginations and scenarios and I would be able to create whatever I want.

 In addition to what I was contemplating, even in public I would see all these people trying to lie and seem innocent (which they are not) and loyal at the same time. That my friends, is a big joke. I would call them two-faced ____.   I think the main reason why people, especially in high school change is because they want to become popular. But honestly, is it worth it? To completely become invisible to everyone and even to yourself? You're pretty much just faking yourself to be cool. What does popularity really symbolize? What does popularity really do to people, especially the innocent ones? Yeah, a lot of people know you and you know about a billion people have like trillion friends on facebook. Ok, first of all do you actually KNOW them or have met them, or are you just being (excuse my language) a social whore that just wants to be recognized by everyone and get a lot of attention. What do you GET from that? If you are a guy, you get girls, you get props for getting 'laid'. Girls, you get guys and get laid and people start calling you other inappropriate words, or they think you're extremely attractive but will still call you other inappropriate words. After you get out of high school how many of these people are you ACTUALLY going to know and TALK to? I really, truly, believe that popularity is not EVERYTHING you need in high school. You don't need to be popular to be happy. It's those one or two friends that really matter and care about you, the ones that'll stick with you through thick and thin (not to sound cheesy), and the ones that are real to you and to themselves. I really wonder if just one person can change people's minds and perspective on originality, and popularity. And that is one of my reasons why I would write a novel about this topic.

Ok, I think I got a little off topic, but every time I talk or even think about the people that transforms into a monster because they are afraid of revealing who they truly are, just gives me the urge to beat a punching bag or something. And I'm not even that violent, even though I am a black belt. So anyways, I'm basically trying to say that I want to write about some of the real stuff that students in high school can experience and have that one character that changes it all. Yep, all. Anything and everything. Completely. I know, it's cliche and I'm sure other authors have wrote about this, but honestly I think if there was a book like that, about a character that just fixes everyone up and to transform all those phonies and liars back to who they truly are and how they really should be... It would be a beautiful book. And I would call it 'You Are Beautiful'. Because really, everyone is beautiful in their own way. Not everyone has perfect hair, perfect nose, and perfect whatever. The imperfections can really enhance your beauty. Who's to tell you're imperfect or perfect anyway? What do they know. I think being brave, and accepting who you are as a person, accepting your imperfections are qualities that make a beautiful person.

3 comments:

  1. Julie this is Beautiful! sorry to repeat you but I whole heartedly agree with everything you said, everyday someone changes an important part of them to "fit in" and bringing some issues like what is popularity? or what is perfection? would intice the reader to finish the book asap. The topic you chose is so relatable to many people and putting your own situations in the storyline would make it even better. I hope you get to write this someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this, there's so much sincerity and honesty in your writing. And the novel idea is very beautiful indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dajana haha, and Liz :) It would be pretty awesome writing this novel.

    ReplyDelete